Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Picture Speaks...

Why is it so difficult to take a good photograph of my jewelry or beads? I've read tips about how to do it ... the correct light source, camera type, angle of shot, etc. I have a tri-pod ... has anyone else noticed how expensive those are? I bought a mid-range one at an electronics store and now I wish it could extend longer and that it had a level on it.  But I digress... Anyway, have the tripod, have the camera (not the most fabulous but it will do), have the props but I just can't get the light right!

The best luck I've had has been to take pictures outside. But, with 3 feet of snow (literally) on the ground and below-zero temperatures, that doesn't work this time of year. Well, I guess it could, but I'm not willing to climb through snowbanks to get the perfect shot. I know, complain, complain, complain; but what's a perfectionist to do?

One of my favorite books is "Throw Out 50 Things - Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life", by Gail Blanke. She says that, if something doesn't give you energy or make you feel good, get rid of it. That includes expectations. So I say to myself, "The pictures aren't important. Don't waste time worrying about it. They may never be as perfect as you want them to be so let go of the need for them to be perfect."

That's my mantra for the week ...

Some things aren't that important. Don't waste time worrying about it. Let it go. You'll be happier and you'll have more energy to tend to the things that are important.

Here's the link to Gail's page ... Throw Out 50 Things. Check it out.

In the meantime, what expectations can you let go of? Do you have a project that has been frustrating you? What will it cost to let it go? What will you gain by doing so?

I'm going to go put my camera away. It's a beautiful day, and I don't want to waste it worrying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment