Sunday, July 27, 2014

Improvements

In my last post, I talked about how discovering mixed media art, in particular art journals, had "saved me" from feeling stifled and just plain, "not me." I gave you a peek at some of my early mixed media attempts as well. I was feeling like my attempts were looking very amateurish so I searched YouTube for tutorials and inspiration.

Here are some of my favorites so far:

The Frugal Crafter - Lindsay is the epitome of artsiness! She offers scrapbook, mixed media, watercolor, drawing and tools and technique tutorials and posts almost daily. Plus, she's a bubbly free-spirit who is just plain fun to watch!

Jennibellie - A self-taught mixed media journalist, Jenni not only demonstrates techniques but also gives inspiring talks about creativity and building self-confidence. Plus, her English accent is fun to listen to.  I'm also following her free art journaling class, Inspiration Station. You should definitely check that out as well.

Sea Lemon - A graphic designer by training, "Sea" has lots of tutorials on all sorts of crafty projects. She has some great lessons on book binding. I've already bound some of my projects and will post them soon!

Mixed Media Jen - I like Jen's videos because there's usually no talking... she has fun music playing in the background and shows you what she's using. Plus, it's in fast-forward, so you get the end result in ten minutes or less, usually.

I'm a visual learner, so the YouTube videos have been so awesome! Just search, "mixed media tutorials," or "mixed media", or "icad," or similar. By the way, "icad" is Index Card a Day. You can find out more here. These are so freeing. I'll post some of mine soon!

That's all for now! Thanks for reading and Happy Creating!


0 comments:

Post a Comment